BN - Review Health Benefits Enrollments
This user procedure is how to review Health enrollments for an employee.
will need to review an employee's health benefits elections and
historical information, they can do so through the Health Benefit
Elections page in HRS. For each Plan Type, the Health Benefit Elections
page allows you to determine whether an employee has Coverage elected,
waived or terminated; Coverage Begin Date, Deduction Begin Date,
Election Date, and Dependents, if any. The BN Benefits View security
role will provide access to view enrollments.
- Empl ID or
- Employee First and Last Name (not the preferred method)
- Remember to Include History when reviewing enrollments
- Understand the different Plan Types and Plans. Refer to 48687.
- Understand the Coverage Codes. Refer to 19156.
- Understand enrollment policy rules for insurance plans.
- Understand benefit eligibility
1. Click Benefits
2. Click Enroll in Benefits
3. Click Health Benefits
4. In the Health Benefits search screen:a. In the Empl ID field, enter the employee's unique 8-digit employee ID, if known. (e.g. 00367147) This is the best practice since more than one employee may exist with similar names.
b. In the Name field, enter all or part of the employee's first and last name, if known. (e.g. ABRAHAM LINCOLN)
c. In the Last Name field, enter all or part of the employee's last name, if known. (e.g. LINCOLN)
d. Select Include History so that a checkmark displays. This allows you to view all future, current, and historical information for the employee.
e. Click Search to display results for your search criteria.
5. If the search criteria you entered in Step 4 was too wide, and multiple records exist, you may see a Search Results area. Otherwise the Health Benefit Elections page displays. (Skip to Step 6).a. In the Search Results area, you can click on any column heading (e.g. Last Name) to sort in ascending or descending order.6. The Health Benefit Elections page displays for the employee. Note: The Benefit Program displayed in the Health Benefit Elections page is the program as of the Deduction Begin Date. Any subsequent changes to Benefit Program will not display unless enrollment changes occur. Please use BN - Review Benefit Program Enrollments to view possible Benefit Program changes.
b. Locate the desired Health Benefits record you wish to review, and click on it to select.a. A list of Plan Types are available in BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid.
b. Coverage Begin Date = The first date of coverage change.
c. Deduction Begin Date = The date when deductions should take from payroll.
d. Coverage Election = Elect, Waive, or Terminate.
e. Election Date = The date when the enrollment change was processed.
f. A list of Enrollment Codes and Enrollment Reasons are available in BN - Enrollment Code and Enrollment Reason Job Aid.
g. App Received = Paper or Electronic received date of application.
h. A list of Benefit Plans are available in BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid.
i. A list of Coverage Codes are available in BN - Benefits Coverage Code Job Aid.
j. The Dependent/Beneficiaries section is a list of dependents covered. To make any updates to dependents please refer to BN - Add/Update Dependents .
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
- Benefit Eligibility
- New Employees
- Family Changes
- Employment Changes
- Benefit Plan Manuals
- Benefit Plan Premiums
Related Job Aids
- BN - Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table
- BN - Processing an ADM Event for Health Insurance
- BN - Review Benefit Program Enrollments
- BN - Review Life and AD/D Benefits Enrollments
- BN - Review Disability Benefit Enrollments
- BN - Review Savings Plan Enrollments
- BN - Review Leave Plan Enrollments
- BN - Review Spending Account Enrollments
- BN - Review Retirement Plan Enrollments
- BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid
- BN - Benefits Coverage Code Job Aid
- BN - Enrollment Code and Enrollment Reason Job Aid