AM - View Employee Absence Balances (Manager)
This document will instruct on how to view an employee's absence balances.
Add a general description of what this procedure will cover. Leave details to following sections.
- Employee ID Number
- Employee Absence Balance Records
- The balances are only accurate as of the last confirmed payroll.
1. Employees at all campuses except Madison will log in to the My UW System portal at https://my.wisconsin.edu/.
- For more information on logging into the My UW System portal, please see Logging in to My UW System Portal.
2. UW-Madison employees will log in to the My UW Madison Portal instead at https://my.wisc.edu.
- For employees at UW-Madison, the My UW-Madison home page opens. Click on the Work Record tab.
3. For non UW-Madison employees, the Work Record tab can be found on the far right hand side of the page.
4. On the Manager Time and Approval portlet, click on the Approve Absence link. You will arrive at the Absence Requests screen.
5. Click on the View Absence Balances link.
6. You will see the list of Entitlements (or Absence Types) and the balances for your selected employee.
NOTE: The balances are only accurate as of the last confirmed payroll.
7. Another way to check an employee's absence balances is directly from the employee's timesheet. There is a link below the timesheet called: Balances - click to view.
8. Click on this link.
9. After clicking on the link, the absence balances for the employee will appear.
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms:Related Policies