TL - Negative Hours when Viewing Payable Time
Access the Approve Payable Time page by clicking Manager Self Service > Time Management > Approve Time and Exceptions > Payable Time. Supervisors and managers will access this page via the My UW portal. Please refer to user procedure HRS Time and Labor - Navigation in Time and Labor for further instructions.
If an employee's time has been approved and then changes are made to that time, the changed (adjusted) time will create adjustments in Payable Time which are displayed as negative numbers.
After time has been entered on the timesheet, it may be necessary to make changes or corrections to the submitted time. This procedure provides information when viewing negative hours on the Approve Payable Time page. Please refer to user procedure Payable Time Detail for further instructions.
- In the example below, two hours of time per day are approved for this employee.
- After the supervisor or payroll coordinator approved the time, the student updated her time to reflect the actual hours worked on 3/14/2011 from 2.0 hours to 4.0 hours and on 3/18/2011 from 2.0 hours to 1.0 hour worked.
- When Time Administration has run, the supervisor or payroll coordinator looks at the student's hours in Approve Payable Time, the changed time appears as negative hours. This is to indicate hours have been adjusted after they have been approved.
- In the example shown above, by approving the negative hours, you are approving the taking away of the 2 hour time entry (thus the minus sign) and approving the new changed time entry.
- The supervisor and/or payroll coordinator should approve the negative hours and the time will correctly be processed via the next running of Time Administration.