BN - Deduction Prepay Paycheck Query
This document will walk you through the process of running the UW_BN_PREPAY_PAYCHECK query to review employees paychecks with Deduction Prepay if needed.
The Deduction Prepay process will automatically load all employees setup on the Deduction Prepay Review Page with a 'OK to Process' checked. During a typical payroll calculation week the Deduction Prepay is loaded on Tuesday night. The Deduction Prepay Paycheck (UW_BN_PREPAY_PAYCHECK) query was created for Administrators to review paychecks to determine if deductions are taking appropriately.
- Pay Run ID: The pay period for review deduction prepay.
- Excel spreadsheet
- The query cannot be run for a payroll until the Deduction Prepay is loaded to paychecks which is two days prior to confirm. During a typical payroll calculation week the Deduction Prepay is loaded on Tuesday night.
2. Click Query
3. Click Query Viewer
4. Enter UW_BN_PREPAY_PAYCHECK into the search criteria and click Search button.
5. You are shown the Search Results below. If you had done a partial search, multiple queries may appear in the list. If you searched for the specific query you are looking for, you should only see that value below. To view the query, click the link for Excel.
6. Once you click on the Excel link, a new page will open. On that page, you will enter your Department or first character and % (Example: A%) into the DeptID field. You will need to enter the Pay Run ID into the Pay Run ID field to determine which payroll you are reviewing. You can also search for your Pay Run ID by clicking on the magnifying glass.
7. After you enter your criteria, click View Results.
8. Open the query using Microsoft Excel by click OK or Open depending on your internet browser.
9. The report will only display employees with deduction prepay on their paycheck. Review the results and determine a course of actions if needed. Please contact your Affinity Group if you notice a paycheck is not appearing as expected. Note: An employee may appear on the report with multiple rows for each deduction prepay code and insurances. The data appearing in the Excel spreadsheet is:
A. Department: Displays employee's Department appearing on the paycheck.
B. Company: UWS is the value for all employees.
C. Pay Group: Displays the pay group appearing on the paycheck. A list of Pay Groups is available in PY - Pay Group Descriptions.
D. Pay Period End: Lists the end date of the pay period end date of the paycheck.
E. Off Cycle: Indicates whether or not the paycheck was paid as part of regular on-cycle processing (shows as 'N' in this field) or was created as an off-cycle check or adjustment (shows as 'Y' in this field).
F. EMPLID: Displays employees' Employee ID.
G. Empl Rcd#: Displays employee's Employee Record of paycheck.
H. Name: Displays employee's name.
I. Plan Type: A list of Plan Type are available in BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid.
J. Benefit Plan: A list of Benefit Plans are available in BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid.
K. Deduction Code: A list of Deduction Codes are available in BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid.
L. Deduction Class: Before Tax indicates the deduction reduces the employee's taxable wages on the paycheck. After Tax indicates the deduction is withheld after tax withholdings are calculated, thus not affecting the employee's taxable gross for the paycheck. Nontaxable indicates the deduction is an employer-paid deduction. The dollar amount listed for nontaxable deductions is not actually withheld from the employee's paycheck. Taxable is not actual deductions withheld from the employee's pay. The dollar amount associated with a taxable "deduction" is the amount added to the employee's taxable gross wages for the pay period.
M. Current Deduction: The amount being deducted for the deduction code.
N. Net Pay: This is the net amount the employee actually received on the paycheck.
O. PREATX_AMT(A): Displays the Cumulative Deduction Prepay After Tax balance as of the last confirmed payroll.
P. PREBTX_AMT(B): Displays the Cumulative Deduction Prepay Before Tax balance as of the last confirmed payroll.
Q. PRETAX_AMT(T): Displays the Cumulative Deduction Prepay Taxable balance as of the last confirmed payroll.
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- BN - Deduction Prepay Process (Part I, Set Aside Money)
- BN - Deduction Prepay Process (Part II, Disburse Money)
- BN - Security Role BN Deduction Prepay Review
- Document 48738 is unavailable at this time.
- BN - Deduction Prepay Load Status Query
- BN - Benefit Program Assignment Job Aid
- BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid
- PY - Pay Group Descriptions