Alumni Park / Wisconsin Alumni Association
Alumni Park Hours: Open 365 days a year, seasonal hours as posted on signs in 3 locations.
Hours align with Terrace (e.g., spring/summer hours start when Terrace opens, fall/winter hours start when Terrace closes.)
Fall and winter: 7 a.m.–10 p.m. every day
Spring and summer: 6–12 a.m. Sunday–Wednesday, 6–1 a.m. Thursday–Saturday
Goodspeed Family Pier Hours: 6 a.m. –12 midnight, late May–mid-Oct. (when Pier is installed)
One Alumni Place (Park Visitor Center, enter off classroom behind Red Gym) Hours: Hours vary by season; as posted in signage and at alumnipark.com
Thursday-Saturday: 12 pm - 4 pm, Sunday-Wednesday: Closed
Location Langdon Street, between Memorial Union and Red Gym
Wisconsin Alumni Association
650 N. Lake Street
Madison, WI 53706-1476
Photos: Looking at the progress of UW's Alumni Park:
Alumni Park FAQs and facts can be found here
- Alumni Park honors UW-Madison alumni and the Wisconsin Idea, the University of Wisconsin’s guiding principle that education should have a positive impact on people’s lives beyond the boundaries of the classroom.
- The park is a place to be inspired, reconnect with your alma mater, discover more about the university, and add to your must-visit list when in Madison.
- This roughly 1.3 acre park is located between Memorial Union and the historic Red Gym on the UW-Madison campus.
- Other nearby destinations including the Memorial Union Terrace, Library Mall, Bascom Hill, the Chazen Museum of Art, and downtown Madison’s State Street.
- Alumni Park is believed to be the first park of its kind in the country.
- It will feature artful exhibits, a visitor center (One Alumni Place), lakefront access, and a new public pier (The Goodspeed Family Pier).
- More than 50 museum-quality outdoor exhibits in the park will educate visitors about alumni achievements as well as University of Wisconsin innovations and traditions.
- More than 120 UW-Madison alumni will be honored and celebrated in Alumni Park, representing the breadth and diversity of alumni achievement and significant positive influence in Wisconsin, the nation, and around the world.
- The park’s exhibits will be integrated into open green spaces, walkways that include views of Lake Mendota, landscaped gardens featuring native plants and trees, and an outdoor classroom.
- The park will also feature a variety of Wisconsin Alumni Association and UW-Madison programs and events including festivals, arts and cultural programs, outdoor lectures, and workshops.
- Alumni Park was developed and will be managed by the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association in partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Alumni Park was funded entirely by private donations from alumni and friends from around the world.