Symantec Endpoint Protection (Mac) - Installation Instructions
This document will outline the installations for installing Symantec Endpoint Protection (version 11) on Apple operating systems.
Installing the Software from the Web (download)1. Navigate to http://software.wisc.edu, and download Symantec Endpoint Protection.
2. Double click on the Symantec_Endpoint_Protection.dmg file that you just downloaded to open the installer.
3. Double click on Symantec Endpoint Protection.mpkg file to start the installer. Follow instructions 2 - 7 under Installing the Software from the CD.
Installing the Software from the CD
1. If installing from the CD, insert the CD into the drive, and open the Symantec Endpoint Protection folder:
Then, double click on Symantec Endpoint Protection.mpkg file.
2. When the installer opens, an alert may pop up. Click continue, then click continue again in the lower right-hand corner.
3. Accept the license terms by clicking Continue, then Agree.
4. Choose your Macintosh HD as the location to install the software, then click Continue.
5. Click the Install button. If a prompt appears asking for your username and password, enter it. This will be the username and password for your local machine, not your NetID and Password
6. Click Continue Installation? if prompted. This will close other programs and log you out of your computer once the installation is complete.
7. Once the installation completes, click log out to log out of your computer. Once you log back in, the program should be installed and fully functional.
Running a Scan
For information on running a scan with Symantec Endpoint Protection, see Symantec Endpoint Protection - Running a Scan