UW Digital ID - Requesting and Retrieving your Role/Group Digital Certificate
This document details the process of requesting and retrieving your role/group digital certificate.
Obtaining a Role/Group Digital Certificate from Entrust
1. Go to https://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu/ in your web browser and log in by selecting your campus and entering your institutional login credentials.
If you experience problems logging into this page please refer to the following: http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=13942
2. Click Request a Digital ID from the menu on the left hand side of the screen or click the Request a Digital ID link at the bottom of the page.
The Selection page appears and there are a few options:
Help Me ChooseI. Within the first shaded question box, "Who will be using this Digital ID?" select A group of peopleII. The system will indicate you should request a Role Digital Certificate; to continue click the Start your certificate request by clicking here link
I Know Which Digital ID I NeedI. Under the heading, "Select from the list of Digital IDs below to begin your request" select Role Digital Certificate
3. Enter an E-mail (email must end in *.edu or *.org) and a first and last name that is reflective of the certificate's use (it does not have to be a person's name) (i.e. DoIT Information Desk) and click Continue button to proceed.
4. Once this has been done you will see a confirmation that your request has been submitted.
5. After your UW Digital ID LRA listed in the email has reviewed and approved your request you will receive an email similar to the following with an Authorization Code and a link to retrieve your Digital Certificate.
6. Clicking the link in the email will take you to the "My Digital IDs" page.
7. Locate the Digital ID labeled "Role Cert" and then click the "View Request" link on the far right end of that row.
8. Click the "Retrieve"button.
9. Click the "Yes" button in the Download Certificate window.
10. This will take you to the Entrust vendor site.
11. Enter the Authorization Code you received in the email and click the "Generate Security Store" button.
12. Read the subscriber agreement, enter the information requested, and single-click the "Agree and Create Security Store" button.
13. The certificate will begin to download.
14. You will also receive a request complete email similar to the following: