Student Center - Editing your privacy (FERPA) settings
An overview and step-by-step guide to setting FERPA restrictions, which indicate what public information should be withheld from public release.
OverviewFERPA — the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended — is a federal law that governs the privacy of student education records, access to those records, and disclosure of information from
Follow the steps below to edit your FERPA restrications.
1. Login to MyUW
2. Click on the Student Center tile, then the Profile tile.
3. From the menu on the left, select Privacy Restrictions.
4. Select your preferred restriction(s) and click > for a more detailed view.
5. Add or clear restrictions by selecting the relevant check boxes and clicking Save.
6. Click Save on the main page to submit your changes.