Frequent Sponsor Request
sponsor, industry, consent, tissue banking, HIPAA
Payment of IRB FeesChesapeake, Quorum, and Schulman will directly bill sponsors for all studies submitted. WIRB will directly bill sponsors for all studies submitted to WIRB on or after September 1, 2015. Please see the IRB Fee Policy for more information.
Institutional Requirements:Consent Form Language The UW-HS IRBs Office has developed standardized language requirements, as described on the Initial Review page. This language includes:
- Voluntary participation/no loss of benefits to which the subject is otherwise entitled language is present.
- The number of visits, visit duration and the duration the subject will be enrolled must be present.
- Sub-studies that are optional have opt in/out language and check boxes in the combined consent document.
- UW-Madison requires the disclosure of who will be maintaining the tissue bank, what the name of the bank will be, how long the tissue will be banked for, what type of testing will be done to the tissue and how the tissue will be destroyed.
- UW-Madison no longer retains HIPAA authorization for new studies. The independent IRB serves as the privacy board.