BN - Review Spending Account Enrollments
This user procedure is how to review spending account enrollments for an employee.
Administrators will need to review an employee's spending account
elections and historical information, they can do so through the Spending Accounts page in HRS. For each Plan Type, the Spending Accounts page allows you to determine whether an employee has Coverage
elected, waived or terminated; Coverage Begin Date, Deduction Begin
Date, and Election Date. The BN Benefits View
security role will provide access to view enrollments.
- Empl ID or
- Employee First and Last Name (not the preferred method)
- Remember to Include History when reviewing enrollments
- Understand the different Plan Types and Plans. Refer to BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid.
- Understand benefit eligibility
1. Click Benefits
2. Click Enroll in Benefits
3. Click Spending Accounts
4. In the Spending Accounts search screen:
a. In the Empl ID field, enter the employee's unique 8-digit employee ID, if known. (e.g. 00367147) This is the best practice since more than one employee may exist with similar names.
b. In the Name field, enter all or part of the employee's first and last name, if known. (e.g. ABRAHAM LINCOLN)
c. In the Last Name field, enter all or part of the employee's last name, if known. (e.g. LINCOLN)
d. Select Include History so that a checkmark displays. This allows you to view all future, current, and historical information for the employee.
e. Click Search to display results for your search criteria.
5. If the search criteria you entered in Step 4 was too wide, and multiple records exist, you may see a Search Results area. Otherwise the Spending Accounts page displays. (Skip to Step 6).
a. In the Search Results area, you can click on any column heading (e.g. Last Name) to sort in ascending or descending order.
b. Locate the desired Health Benefits record you wish to review, and click on it to select.
6. The Spending Accounts page displays for the employee. Note: The Benefit Program displayed in the Health Benefit Elections page is the program as of the Deduction Begin Date. Any subsequent changes to Benefit Program will not display unless enrollment changes occur. Please use BN - Review Benefit Program Enrollments to view possible Benefit Program changes.
a. A list of Plan Types are available in BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid.
b. Coverage Begin Date = The first date of coverage change.
c. Deduction Begin Date = The date when deductions should take from payroll.
d. Coverage Election = Elect, Waive, or Terminate.
e. Election Date = The date when the enrollment change was processed.
f. A list of Benefit Plans are available in BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid.
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- BN - Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table
- BN - Processing an ADM Event for Health Insurance
- BN - Review Benefit Program Enrollments
- BN - Review Health Benefits Enrollments
- BN - Review Life and AD/D Benefits Enrollments
- BN - Review Disability Benefit Enrollments
- BN - Review Savings Plan Enrollments
- BN - Review Leave Plan Enrollments
- BN - Review Retirement Plan Enrollments
- BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid