Learn@UW - Information on Discussion Notifications
You can subscribe to discussion forums, threads, or messages that you want to follow.
You can also receive email and text message notifications for new postings to discussions to which you've subscribed. To receive these, you must configure your Desire2Learn notification settings. To do this, click on your name in the upper-right corner of any Desire2Learn page, then select Notifications.
To subscribe to discussions:
You can also subscribe to a thread within a topic just by being in the topic. Just click on the blue start/subscribe link next to the name of the topic.
3. Click the blue Subscribe button at the bottom of the confirmation window to subscribe.
To edit subscription settings for discussions in the course:1. Within the Discussion tool, click Subscriptions. You will see a list of all the items to which you are subscribed.
2. You can choose to display them by type - All, Forum, Topic, Thread - by using the dropdown menu.
3. You can unsubscribe to posts to each subscription by clicking the blue Star/Unsubscribe link next to that subscription.
Not Receiving Email Notifications:
If you have followed the instructions on how to receive instant Discussion notifications via email, try the following:
1. Locate the item in the Discussion you are subscribed to and want to receive notifications from.
2. Unsubscribe from the item.
3. Resubscribe to the Discussion item by clicking on the blue star. You should be prompted with a Customize Notifications pop-up.
4. Choose Send me an instant notification from the pop-up and choose Subscribe.