BN - How to Change Benefits Coverage Level Using On Demand
When enrolling employees into benefits plans, or updating those benefits plans through On-Demand, knowing the appropriate Coverage Code values for each situation is critical. Coverage Codes affect health premiums, coverage level such as employee + spouse/DP, employee + children, family, tax dependents, and non-tax dependents. This documents shows which Coverage Code to select for certain years and time-frames.
- Coverage Codes have changed over time. Please be sure to reference the correct Coverage Code list for the time period you are working in.
Examples of different Coverage Codes:
1. 4/10/2011 Coverage Begin Date is using Coverage Codes from spreadsheet 4-10-2011 to 07-02-2011. Coverage Code below is 27. It is using 27 for employee + spouse (tax dependent)
2. 01/01/2015 Coverage Begin Date is using Coverage Codes from spreadsheet 11-02-2014 to Present. Coverage Code below is 16. It is using 16 for employee + spouse (tax dependent)
3. Coverage Codes are selected in On-Demand via ADM Event when selecting Health Benefit election.
Coverage Code Current Reference Sheet:
CoverageCode 11-2-2014 to Present - Please use the attached spreadsheet for any coverage changes effective 11-2-2014 or later.
CoverageCode 10-01-2013 to 11-01-2014 - Please use the attached spreadsheet for any coverage changes effective between 10-1-2013 to 11-1-2014.
CoverageCodes 7-3-2011 to 9-30-2013 - Please use the attached spreadsheet for any coverage changes effective between 7-3-2011 to 9-30-2013.
CoverageCodes 4-10-2011 to 7-02-2011 - Please use the attached spreadsheet for any coverage changes effective between 4-10-2011 to 7-2-2011.
DEPENDENT RELATIONSHIPS:For Benefit purposes, these are the defined relationships which qualify someone for insurance according to insurance plan rules. Some dependents are not eligible for benefits and cannot be enrolled. Please see table for benefit eligible and non-eligible dependents. BN - Add/Update Dependents
The UW has defined the following relationships:
|Relationship to Employee||Eligible for Insurance?||Imputed Income?|
|Child Non Tax Dependent||Yes||No|
|Child Tax Dependent||Yes||No|
|DP Child Non Tax Dependent||Yes||Yes|
|DP Child Tax Dependent||Yes||No|
|Dom Partner Non Tax Dependent||Yes||Yes|
|Dom Partner Tax Dependent||Yes||No|
|Legal Ward Non Tax Dependent||Yes||No|
|Legal Ward Tax Dependent||Yes||No|
|Stepchild Non Tax Dependent||Yes||No|
- BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - Deleting and Voiding Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table
- BN - Review Benefit Enrollments
- BN - Processing an ADM Event in On-Demand
- BN - Enrollment Code and Enrollment Reason Job Aid
- BN - Add/Update Dependents
- BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid