Help Desk - Access to DoIT Support for Primary Tech Partners
Priority technical support available for Primary Tech Partners
Purpose and General Discussion
Primary Tech Partners have priority access to technical support from DoIT technologists through the Help Desk when mission critical components of their computing environment are at risk.
Primary Tech Partners should be given expedited service when the issue is mission critical. The best way to find this information is to ask the customer if the situation impacts more than one person. If it does, then it can be considered mission critical. If this is the case, then gather as much relevant handling as possible and then escalate the case ahead to the proper technologists.
If the issue is not mission critical, in that it only impacts one individual, then the case should be handled normally by Level 1 Help Desk agents.
Primary Tech Partners are listed as such in the WiscIT customer relationship management system used by DoIT. We also maintain a publicly available list of Primary Tech Partners.
The scope of Support is as follows:
- Products in categories 1 & 2 are included; category 3 products are excluded. See support category definitions. Support for products in Category 2 consists of general consulting on the generic, out of the box product. This includes network and server products along with applications that are listed in the DoIT catalog in Category 2. Support for hardware or software that has been configured or customized for a specific environment must be contracted for with the appropriate DoIT technologist group.
- Products supported by base technologists in SNCC, DRMT, Middleware, and IIAT are included; Applications Technology support is not.
- Primary Tech Partners create a support case using Help Online, the Help Desk's online self-service module.
- Help Desk staff will review the case for accuracy and completeness of information, find if it is a mission critical issue. Request additional information if the case cannot be classified with the existing information. If mission critical, gather handling and escalate the case to technologists. If not, handle as normal.
- DoIT technologists will respond to the case by contacting the TP within one business day of receipt or within DoIT Operational Framework if the case meets those criteria.
- Primary TP can check the case online and add notes as needed.