PY - Off Cycle Voucher Generation
When an off cycle check is generated and a deduction or tax is taken on that off cycle check, the amount deducted has to be remitted to the proper agency. This user procedure details the steps for creating a voucher for an off cycle check.
Category: Payroll Off cycle
Audience: Service Center resources
Overarching Process: The overarching business process that this document suports is the Off Cycle Processing for Missed Payrolls
Jump to Procedure Steps (below)
When an off cycle check is generated there are a number of remittences that must be made via a check from SFS A/P. This user procedure details the steps for creating a voucher for an off cycle check(s). Once the voucher has been created, a physical remittence check must be generated and sent to the proper agency/vendor. This is done in the SFS system.
Vendor ID's, Check Amounts, Invoice Numbers, Invoice Dates, Account, Funds, Department, Name and address of non vendor recipients
Physical remittence check to agency or recipient
Create the Voucher
To create the voucher, please follow these steps:
- Log into the SFS system
- Select Accounts Payable
- Select Vouchers
- Select Add Update
- Select Regular Entry
The Voucher page will display as shown below
- Voucher Style should be "Regular Voucher" unless the check is to be remitted to a non-vendor. If the check is to be remitted to a non-vendor, the Voucher Style should be "Single Payment Voucher" and the Vendor ID should be "REFUNDS"
- Enter the Vendor ID
- Vendor Location will self populate
- Address Sequence Number will self populate
- Gross Income Amount is equal to the amount of the remittence. This should be the amount of the check to be generated for the voucher.
- Click on the Add button, and the Voucher Entry Page will display as shown below. The Invoice Information tab will be the first page to display. Most of the information required will be pre-popoulated based on the VendorID that was entered earlier.
- Enter the Invoice Number. This should describe the payment (ie. OFF CYCLE 072711)
- Enter the Invoice Date. (This is usually the current date)
- Enter funding information in the Distribution Lines section of the Invoice Information tab
- Enter the Account
- Enter the Fund
- Enter the Dept
- Enter 1 for the Program
- Click on one of the Calculate buttons. This validates the accounting information you have entered.
- Click on the Save button
The system creates the voucher and a Voucher ID changes from "NEXT" to the assigned voucher number.
Run the Voucher Budget Check
You must next run the Voucher Budget Check. The Voucher Budget Check should always be run before the next process can proceed. The Voucher Budget check process creates the voucher accrual accounting entries.
To run the Voucher Budget Check please follow these steps:
- Click on Accounts Payable
- Select Batch Processes
- Select Vouchers
- Select Budget Check
- Create a new run control if one doesn't exist
- If run control already exits, click Search and select VCHR_BCM
The Budget Check Page will display
- Click on the Run button
- Click on the OK button
- Click on the Process Monitor button
- Wait for the job to run to Success
Run the Pay Cycle
You will next need to run the Pay Cycle, as described below:
- Click on Accounts Payable
- Select Payments
- Select Pay Cycle Processing
- Select Payment Selection Criteria
- Select DPDDLY
- Click Search
The Payment Selection Criteria page will display
Enter "Pay Through Date" to include the invoice dates that you want included in this Pay Cycle.
The Payment Date is the date to appear on the checks
- Click on the Bank / Method tab.
The Bank Method page will display
Make sure the Payment Method you want to use is checked (ie: System Check, Wire Transfer or Electronic Funds Transfer)
- Click on the Dates tab.
- Click on the Pay Cycle Manager in the upper right hand corner of the page.
The Pay Cycle Manager will open
- Enter Server PSUNX in the Payment Selection & Creation field.
- Click the "Process" button to the LEFT of the Payment Selection & Creation field.
Note: The "Schedule Payments Selected" field should be 0 prior to clicking on the "process" button.
- Click on the "Refresh" button until the status is "CREATED" and the "Schedule Payments Selected" changes to the number of checks expected to be generated.
- Click on the blue Summary button
The Pay Cycle Summary Page will display. You can verify the checks that the system is set to generate against your documentation.
Run the Pay Cycle Trial Register
To run the Pay Cycle Trial register, follow these steps:
- Click on the Trial Register link in Pay Cycle Manager
The Trial Register Run Control will display
- Click Search
- Select the TRIAL_REGISTER run control
The Register page will display
- Select Pay Cycle DPDDLY and click Run
- Click OK
The Register page will display again
- Click on Process Monitor and wait for the job to run to Success
- Click on Details
The Process Details Page will display
- Click View Log Trace
The View Log Trace page will display
- Open the .PDF file
This is a sample of the Trial Register
- Return to Process Monitor and click on the blue link at the bottom of the page to "Return to Trial Register".
- Click on blue link to return to "Pay Cycle Manager"
- Click blue “Approve” link
The Pay Cycle Approval page will display
- Click yellow Approve button
- Click on the blue Pay Cycle Manager button
The Pay Cycle Manager page will display
Status will be "Approved"
- In the Pay Cycle Results section at the bottom of page, change Server Name to SFSNT1 and Output type to Web.
- Click the yellow "Process" button
When process is complete, Status will be Confirmed
- If Payment Method was System Checks, click Process button to Format Positive Payment
When process is complete, Status will be Completed and Selected Payments Scheduled = 0
- Click on the blue Process Monitor link on the Pay Cycle Manager page
The Process Monitor page will display
- Check Process name is APY2021-. Click on Details link to view checks.
The Process Detail page will display
- Click on the blue View Log/Trace button
The View Log/Trace page will display
- Click on .RPT file. (Must have Crystal Reports installed on your computer)
- Print the checks to the secured check printing printer.