Chadborne Residential College
(608) 262-1971 -- Chadbourne Residential College
(608) 262-2688 -- Chadbourne Hall Front Desk
420 N. Park Street
Madison, WI 53706-1489
Chadbourne houses 580 residents. The hall is coed by wing and students live in double rooms.
CRC (Chadbourne & Barnard Halls) is an outstanding platform for helping students develop their potential through interpersonal connections and academic and extracurricular engagement. Co-sponsored by the College of Letters & Science and University Housing, CRC blends academic with residential hall life. Students learn as much from each other as from formal academics, so we strive to offer the benefits of a small liberal arts college within our world-class research university.
- CRC gives first-year students fun and intellectually engaging opportunities to get to know sophomores, juniors, seniors, faculty, staff, and community partners.
- CRC offers the most small courses and course sections. UW–Madison courses reserved for CRC residents include CRC seminars and special topics, math, Afro-American Studies, chemistry, history, journalism, English, sociology, and others.
- CRC residents have fun and learn from each other, faculty, and staff during our trips to museums, plays and musical events, our inter-floor competitions, formal social dinners, our “What Matters to Me and Why” series where prominent scholars speak personally about their work, ski trips, and our monthly social “teas,” and Common Read programs
- UW-Madison libraries and Memorial Union nearby
- Academic Advisors and Faculty Director on site
- Rheta's dining room and convenience store on site
- Classroom and Technology Learning Center on site
- Music practice room and grand piano
- Air conditioning
- Opportunities for student leadership built-in
- $300 program fee; grants available
- Higher room rate
- Winter break housing available beginning Jan. 2 (add'l fee)