This document describes the general process of accessing EPM data via ODBC and contains links to instructions on specific aspects of the process.
One method used to access the EPM data warehouse is a direct database (ODBC) connection. Users must request EPM authorization using the instructions on the UW Service Center Website. Once a user is authorized, he or she will receive a series of emails containing:
- EPM credentials (username and password).
- Connection entries, to be pasted into Oracle configuration files.
The directions below explain how to use the information contained in an EPM authorization email, together with Oracle software, to create an ODBC connection to EPM. Each document is a step-by-step walkthrough of one aspect of the process. The directions are presented in sequential order.
- [Link for document 19305 is unavailable at this time.]
- EPM - Editing 'tnsnames.ora' and 'sqlnet.ora' Files
- EPM - Configuring Oracle 11g ODBC Driver
The following document describes common errors EPM users may encounter as they attempt to establish ODBC connections: EPM - Common ODBC Errors.
Also more information can be found on the