TAM - Approve Job Opening(s)
This process will review the steps required to approve or deny a job opening.
2. Log into TAM using your campus username and password.
3. Navigate to Recruiting » Pending Approvals. If you have multiple Pending Approvals, they will all be listed on this page. You can also navigate directly to the Job Opening via Recruiting » Find Job Openings » Search for the Job Opening in "Pending" Status » Click on the Approvals link.
4. At this point, you have the opportunity to review the newly created job opening page by clicking on the Job Approval:
5. The approver can make changes to the job opening at this point. If changes are made, the Save button should be clicked to Save the changes.
6. Click on the Approvals link.
7. Enter Comments into the Comment field, if needed.
- Additional approvers can also be added at this time by clicking on the green (+) sign, if somebody was forgotten in the approval chain.
- For more information, please reference TAM - Add Approvers and Reviewers to Job Openings
8. At this point, you can either approve or deny the job opening. If you are an approver other than the first approver, you will also have the push back option.
- Approve - Click this button to approve the job opening. This will send an email to the next approver in the chain of approvers.
- Deny - Click this button to deny the job opening. This will create an email notice indicating that the Job Opening has been denied. This email will be sent directly to the Primary Hiring Manager listed on the Job Opening.
- Push Back - Click this button to notify (via email) the previous approver that the job opening has been pushed back and needs attention. The first approver will not see this option.
Note: If this was the first level of approvals and the Approve button is selected; the job opening is routed to the next or final approver in the chain. That approver must complete the same process before the job opening can finally be approved.
9. Sign out of TAM using the Sign Out link at the top right hand corner.
Related Job Aids: