HR - FTE Monitoring Report
This document describes the FTE Monitoring Report.
Procedure At-a-GlanceCategory: HRS Reports and Queries
Audience: HR Professionals
Overarching Process: N/A
Navigation: UW HR Reports > FTE Monitoring Report
Jump to Procedure Steps (below)
Jump to Related Policies/Job Aids (below)
This report identifies active employees as of a given date who have active jobs where the sum of the FTE is greater than 100%. This scenario can create an overload scenario which must be monitored by the UW Service Center and/or Campuses.
Details about report:
- Excludes .00025 FTE values from addition/selection
- Excludes jobs with a Payroll Status of “L” – Leave of Absence.
- All active jobs for an employee appear, even if they are not included in the selection criteria
- Empl Class parameter allows for selecting some or all Empl Classes.
- Distributed at the beginning of each month to the Cypress HR inboxes for the service center, campus and Madison division.
This report is important to monitor employees with multiple jobs and assure that they are not exceeding the FTE limits under state, UW and campus policies.
UW HR Reports > FTE Monitoring Report
Roles that can access report
- HR Reports
- Log into HRS. Navigate to UW HR Reports > FTE Monitoring
- Enter Run Control ID. Click Search
- If you do not have a Run Control ID you can create a new ID. Click on the Add a New Value Tab. Enter the new Run Control ID in the box and click Add.
The FTE Monitoring run control page will open. Enter desired parameters.
As of Date: It will default to today's date can be adjusted to a previous date if needed.
Department: If left blank all departments will return. Can enter partial or complete Dept ID (A0%)
Employee Class: To select all Employee Classes check the box.
To select specific/multiple Employee Classification, uncheck All Values box and press Employee Class Pushbutton. Check the boxes next to the Empl Classes desired. Press 'OK'.
Once the search parameters are entered, click Run.
Select “PSUNX” as the Server Name. Leave Type and Format as “Web” and “PDF” respectively. Click OK to run the report.
Click on Process Monitor link to view the status of the report.
Monitor Run Status and Distribution Status. When Distribution Status changes to “Posted”, click on Details link.
Click on View Log/Trace link.
Select the PDF File from the list