HR - Querying Employees on Leave of Absence Without Pay
This document explains how to generate a list of employees on unpaid leave of absence in HRS. This report will support the monitoring of employees on leave.
Procedure At-a-GlanceCategory: HR
Overarching Process: Monitor Employee's Leave
Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job Information > Reports > Employees on Leave of Absence
Jump to Procedure Steps (below)
Jump to Related Policies/Job Aids (below)
This report will generate a list of all UW employees on unpaid leave of absence. The report will only include employee with an Empl status of "L", which designates that the employee is currently on leave of absence without pay and on a short work break.
To Run the Report
- Log into HRS
- Navigate to Workforce Administration > Job Information > Reports > Employees on Leave of Absence
- Enter Department (e.g. A%, A01%, or leave blank for all departments)
- Enter Employee Class (e.g. check AS for Academic Staff, or leave "All Values" box checked to select all classes
Navigate to Workforce Administration > Job Information > Reports > Employees on Leave of Absence
Security roles that can access report
- HR Reports
- Log into HRS. Navigate to Workforce Administration > Job Information > Reports > Employees on Leave of Absence
- Enter Run Control ID.
- If you do not have a Run Control ID you can create a new ID. Click on the 'Add a New Value' Tab. Enter the new Run Control ID in the box and click 'Add'.
- Enter the Department ID, using the hourglass icon to search for the correct department if necessary, or leave blank for all departments. Or enter part of the Department ID followed by "%", e.g., B%, B48%, B4833%
- To include all employee classifications leave the "Employee Class-All Values" box checked.
- To select specific/multiple Employee Classification, uncheck 'All Values' box and press Employee Class Pushbuttom. Check the boxes next to the Empl Classes desired. Press 'OK'.
- Once the search parameters are entered, click 'Run'.
- Select 'PSUNX' as the server name. Leave Type and Format as Web and PDF respectively. Clcik 'OK' to run the report.
- Click on 'Process Monitor' link to view the status of the report.
- Monitor 'Run' Status and 'Distribution' Status. When 'Distribution' Status changes to 'Posted', click on 'Details' Link.
- Click on the View/Log Trace Link.
- Select the PDF from the list.
- The report will look like the image below.
- HR - Faculty Sabbatical
- HR - LOA - Military Leave
- HR - LOA - Paid vs. Unpaid
- HR - LOA - Leave of Absence
- HR - LOA - Workers Compensation