L&S is aligned with the campus policy for instructors and departments offering undergraduate-level directed/independent study courses.
Please see the campus policy Directed/Independent Study for Undergraduates. This page includes on:
- Common values and expectations
- Who may be an instructor for directed study
- Instructor responsibilities
- Creating a plan of student
- Assigning appropriate levels of credits
- Appropriate use of course numbers
- Limits on enrollment for instructors
- Directed study courses may not be used for group instruction
For more information about how this policy applies to L&S undergraduate directed/independent study courses, contact Elaine Klein (email@example.com) or Kimbrin Cornelius (firstname.lastname@example.org).