TAM - Hiring an Applicant
After the applicant's disposition is set to Offer Accepted, you can begin the hiring process. When you submit the hire request, the system sets the disposition to Ready to Hire.
1. Navigate to HRS Main Menu>Recruiting>Find Job Opening.
2. Use the Find Job Opening page to locate a specific job opening, then click on the entry for the selected Job Opening.
3. Locate the applicant that you want to hire. The applicant's disposition must be set to Accepted.
4. Click on the Take Action pull down list.
5. Select the Prepare for Hire list item.
6. Use the Prepare for Hire page to view and enter hiring information and to submit the request to hire. Any job information that can be pulled from the job opening is already prefilled. You can change the values, but either a Job Code or Position Number is required.
7. Ensure that you enter or edit the following fields:
- Working Title
- Start Date
- Criminal Background Check Date, if applicable
- Set the Type of Hire.
Definitions of Type of Hire:
- Hire - the action that used the first time a person is hired into HRS. It is also the term used for new concurrent jobs.
- Rehire - the action that is used if the employee had a break in service and a termination row exists in HRS.
- Transfer - the action that is used when an employee is leaving one job to take a different job, but there is no break in service or ending of any employment status.
8. Click the Save & Submit Request to HR button. Once this button is selected, a message that the hire request was successfully submitted displays.
9. Another message reminds you to remove related job postings after the job opening is filled.
10. Note that the applicant's disposition is now set to Ready on the Job Opening page.
- After the hire is completed and saved in HR, TAM will close the Job Opening and automatically changes the dispositions of those candidates that were not hired to "rejected".
- If the Save & Submit Request to HR button is not visible, then the applicant's disposition sequence has not been changed in the correct order. This will prohibit the applicant from being sent to the Manage Hires queue. This can be changed by manually updating the applicant's dispositions. The correct order is:
- Offer (can use the Take Action of Prepare Job Offer, or manually change the applicant's disposition)
- Offer Accepted (if using the Prepare Job Offer component, then this must be recorded within the Prepare Job Offer page)
- Use the Take Action of Prepare for Hire
- If the Prepare for Hire page is greyed out or unchangeable, then this typically indicates that the hire has already been submitted to HR and cannot be resubmitted.
- For the Posting of Intent to File a Labor Certification, the configured reject reasons will NOT satisfy the US Department of Labor list of why other candidates were not selected for the job. Please continue to recreate an acceptable list during the green card process.