Bucky Backup - Changing the client's SCHEDMODE to POLLING
This document explains how to change the Bucky Backup client's SCHEDMODE to POLLING.
To configure this:
- Open \Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt in Notepad.
- Locate the SCHEDMODE line. If it says PROMPTED, change it to POLLING. This will set your client to periodically check in with the server to see if it's time to backup, rather than relying on the server to initiate this communication.
- Save your changes & close Notepad.
- Restart your TSM Scheduler service.
- Open your Services Control Panel.
- Locate your TSM Scheduler service, and restart it.
- View the Scheduler log to see when your next backup will take place.
Bucky Backup (Win) - Viewing the dsmsched.log or Scheduler Log.
- Call the Help Desk if the next scheduled backup fails.
- Continue troubleshooting with the "Re-install scheduler service" step. Reinstall the Scheduler Service using Bucky Backup (Win) - Reinstalling the Scheduler Service.