BN - Using On-Demand for the Annual Benefit Enrollment Period
This document outlines the steps needed for Benefit Administrators at institutions, divisions, or departments to use On Demand Event Maintenance to process paper enrollments for benefit changes due to the Annual Benefit Enrollment Period (ABE).
During the Open Enrollment period, Benefit Administrators at institutions, divisions, and departments will use On-Demand Event Maintenance to enter elections based on paper applications that they receive from their employees during the Annual Benefit Enrollment period. It is critical that all information for an employee is reviewed and updated if needed on the Person pages, Benefits Personal Data pages, and the Dependents/Beneficiary pages.
ALL ANNUAL BENEFIT ENROLLMENT ENTRY is to be completed in HRS by November 18, 2016.
- Employee ID (Empl_ID) number
- Employee Personal Data
- Dependent / Beneficiary Data
- January 1 enrollment rows on the employee's Base Benefit pages
- If possible, please have the employee use the OE Event for self-service enrollments. Benefit Administrators, do NOT use the OE Event to make elections on the employee's behalf.
- Certain benefit enrollments and changes are not completed using an OE Event. These include: Wisconsin Deferred Compensation (WDC), all Tax Sheltered Annuity Plans (TSA), Parking & Transit (TASC):
- New WDC and/or TSA enrollments will require the employee to complete a Salary Reduction Agreement form. The Benefit Administrator will complete the enrollment by adding an SAV Event - for more information, please reference BN - Processing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance . Employees who have active enrollments in the system can update their election amounts via MyUW System portal.
- Employees who wish to enroll in TASC Parking & Transit can do so by completing a TASC Parking & Transit ABE Enrollment paper application. Please send paper application to UWSC Payroll Team for processing in HRS.
1. Navigate to the Person data pages: Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Modify a Person, enter the employee's Employee ID (Empl_ID) number and click the Search button. Verify that the employee's home address is up to date.
2. If the address is not up to date, notify the HR Administrator at your institution to obtain the appropriate paperwork and make the appropriate changes on this screen.3. Navigate to the Personal Data pages: Benefits > Employee/Dependent Information > Benefits Personal Data to verify the information is up to date.
4. Enter the Employee's Empl_ID and click the Search button or the Enter key.
5. If the employee's spouse or domestic partner is also a State of Wisconsin employee, make sure the appropriate checkbox under Coordination of Benefits is checked.
6. If employee has Other Health Coverage in addition to State Group Health with the University of Wisconsin, enter the Other Health Insurance company's information. The 'Yes' and 'No' drop down box is a required field.
7. Verify that the employee's marital status and date is correct. If not, make corrections on this page. The information here will automatically also update the Modify A Person data page.
8. If applicable, enter information about the employee's Medicare coverage under the Benefits Personal Data - Date Sensitive section. The 'Yes' and 'No' drop down box is a required field.
NOTE: All information entered on this page is transmitted electronically to Employee Trust Funds (ETF) on a daily basis to assist with Coordination of Benefits efforts.
9. Navigate to Benefits > Employee/Dependent Information > Update Dependent Beneficiary page, enter the Employee's ID (Empl_ID) number and click the Search button.
10. Verify that all dependents' names are spelled correctly and present in the system. If you need to add a Dependent/Beneficiary, follow steps outlined in BN - Add/Update Dependents .
11. Click on the Address Tab and verify that the dependent's address and phone number are correct. If you need to make a change to an address, follow steps outlined in BN - Add/Update Dependents .
12. Click on the Profiles tab. Verify that the dependent's Date of Birth, Medicare, Other Health Insurance coverage, Gender, and Marital Status fields are up to date. This information is required by the vendors to determine eligibility of the dependent. The relationship is vital piece of information that dictates whether the employee is subject to imputed income tax for the dependent. Verify that the relationship is accurate as of the date you are making changes. If the dependent is a grandchild, you must indicate which dependent child is the parent. All dependents should have a social security number entered as soon as this information is known.
13. Navigate to Benefits > Manage Automated Enrollment > Events > On-Demand Event Maintenance
14. Enter the employee's Empl ID and click the Search button. You will be directed to the employee's On Demand Event Maintenance screen.
15. Make a 01/01/2017 ADM Event in Review BAS Activity if one is not already made on the On-Demand screen. Click on the Election Entry button to begin making selections for the employee.
The employee's Open Enrollment (OE) Event should have a status of Normal - Closed. The Effective Date of the ADM Event will be January 1 of the next calendar year. Verify that all Events leading up to the OE Event have been processed through to Finalized before using the ADM Event.
An Enrollment Code, Enrollment Reason, and App Received Date must be entered. Enter those values at the top (Example: Enrollment Code - Change Benefit Plan or Cancel Coverage; Reason - It’s Your Choice, and the App Received Date). Click the Apply enrollment defaults button to carry all values through the Election Entry screen.
NOTE: Only the plans an employee is eligible to enroll for or change during the Annual Benefit Enrollment period will be visible.
To make a change to the employee’s benefit plan, click the magnifying glass for the plan that you are updating.
Choose the appropriate plan code based on the employee’s application.
If the employee is removing a dependent from coverage, click the minus ( – ) sign for that dependent.
If the employee is adding a dependent, you first have to add that dependent through Update Dependents / Beneficiaries.
For assistance in what Coverage Code to use when an employee is adding or removing dependents, refer to 19156.
Once you had made the updates to the employee, scroll to the bottom of the page and click OK.
After clicking OK, you are brought back to the On-Demand window.
You will see that the Entered values will update based on the number of elections you changed.