AM - Reviewing FA/AS/LI (Unclassified) Employees Missing Leave Reports
This procedure will take you through the process of accessing Missing Leave Reports
The Absence Management Employees Missing Leave Report is intended to list all active Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited Appointment (FA/AS/LI) (Unclassified) employees who have not submitted a leave report. This report will be distributed via Cypress to Absence Coordinators and on the MyUW portal for employees to access following the monthly payroll confirmation. This output includes all confirmed payrolls. Currently open payrolls will not display as missing.
- Run Control ID
Report Request Parameters
- From Date
- To Date
- Department ID
- Employee ID
Type of output (select from: Email, File, Printer, or Web)
- Format for output (select from CSV, HP, HTM, LP, OTHER, PDF, PS, XL, or SPF)
- Report detailing employees with missing leave reports, where corrective action is needed to avoid reduction of leave time.
- If employees do not submit their missing leave reports by the fiscal year deadline, reduction of leave time will occur to 8.5 days for annual employees or 6.4 days if an academic year FA/AS/LI (Unclassified employee), pursuant to §40.05(4)(bp)1., Wis. Stats.
- OIM security roles that have access to this report:
- AM Service Center
- TEC Full Functional Read Only
- AM Reports
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to UW Absence Management Reports > Employee Missing Leave Report
- If you have never created a Run Control ID:
Click Add a New Value and enter a run control ID (this can be your initials, name, or any other identifier you choose) and click Add button.
If you have created a Run Control ID:
Either enter your Run Control ID and click Search or
- Click Search and select your Run Control ID
Enter parameters for the Employee Missing Leave Report. These include:
- From and To dates (select the time period you are running the report for)
- If you wish to search on Unit/Division/Department/or Sub Dept., you can use a % sign at any level.(i.e. C% for whole campus or A06% for all of DoIT. You cannot select A06 from the drop down and get all of that Division without the % after it).
EmplID (optional: only use if searching for missing leave reports for a specific employee. When EmplID is entered, hit 'tab' key two times and Peoplesoft will auto-populate employee's name in field)
- HR Status: Select the HR status that you want the report to run for. Select "Active" or "Inactive" to run the report only for the status selected. If you want to run the report for all the employees then select "Both", it will include both active and inactive employees in the output.
- Excel Output: Select this option if you want an additional output in excel along with the default PDF output.
- When finished entering parameters, click Run to go to the Process Scheduler page.
On the Process Scheduler Request page, select the check boxes that correspond to the output you want for your report. The options are Missing Leave Report By Dept and Missing Leave Report by EE. The default settings for Type and Format are Web and PDF. When options are selected, click OK. This will return you to the previous page where report parameters were entered.
- Click on the Process Monitor link to view the status of your report. This directs you to the Process List screen.
- On this screen, look for your process instance and click Details if Run Status reads Success and Distribution Status reads Posted. If this is not the case, click the Refresh button until this is corrected. Clicking the Details button will bring you to the Process Detail screen.
Note: If you have run the report by both Employee (EE) and Department (Dept), you will only be able to view each of these if you go into the details section for each report. In the process monitor, these will appear as consecutive process instances.
- From the Process Details screen, click on the View Log/Trace hyperlink. This will bring you to the View Log/Trace screen where you can review the missing leave reports.
- Locate the File List and find the PDF or Excel file to view the missing leave report. The report will open in a new window or tab in your browser.
Note: To return to the process monitor screen, click the Return button on the View Log/Trace screen and then OK on the Process Detail screen.
- Review all employees with missing leave reports and follow up with them as necessary to avoid reduction of leave time, as mentioned in process considerations section at the top of this document.
(FA/AS/LI) Unclassified Employees Missing Leave Report By Employee
- (FA/AS/LI) Unclassified Employees Missing Leave Report By Department
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
- The University of Wisconsin System - UNCLASSIFIED PERSONNEL GUIDELINE #10
- The University of Wisconsin System - UNCLASSIFIED PERSONNEL GUIDELINE #9