BN - Benefit Retro Queries
This user procedure provides direction on when and how to run the University Staff (Classified) Retro Benefits Query.
The Retro Biweekly and Retro Monthly Queries are designed to give Administrators the ability to identify employees with calculated retro benefits that will be loaded to the next payroll. The query will allow a Benefit Administrator to check whether or not a calculated retro deduction is correct, and whether or not the amount can be deducted from the paycheck or paid through Benefits Billing. This query can and should be checked on a daily basis, as results are updated with each daily retro calc. The deductions, however, are not loaded to paychecks until the two days before payroll confirmation.
- Query Name = UW_BN_RETRO_BIWEEKLY
- Query Name = UW_BN_RETRO_MONTHLY
- Business Unit
- Excel spreadsheet
- Report may change daily as a result of the retro calc process.
- Last day to review the report is two days before payroll confirmation.
1. Click Reporting Tools
2. Click Query
3. Click Query Viewer
4. Enter UW_BN_RETRO_BIWEEKLY or UW_BN_RETRO_MONTHLY into the search criteria and click Search.
5. You are shown the Search Results below. If you had done a partial search, multiple queries may appear in the list. If you searched for the specific query you are looking for, you should only see that value below. To view the query, click the link for Excel.
6. Once you click on the Excel link, a new page will open. On that page, you will enter into the Business Unit field. You can also search for the Business Unit by clicking on the magnifying glass. After you choose your business unit, click View Results.
7. Open the query using Microsoft Excel and click OK or Open depending on your internet browser.
Below is an example of Mozilla Firefox.
Below is an example of Windows Internet Explorer 9.
8. Review the results and determine a course of actions if needed. Note: An employee may appear on the report with multiple rows if retro benefits has calculated for multiple pay periods and insurances. Refer to BN - Retro Benefits Review Process if you need assistance on reviewing or updating the retro benefit page. The data appearing in the Excel spreadsheet is:
B. Pay Group
C. Name = Employee Name
D. Empl ID
E. Empl Rcd#
F. Plan Type = A list of Plan Type are available in BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid.
G. Benefit Plan = A list of Benefit Plan are available in BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid.
H. Benefit Program
I. Coverage Code = A list of Coverage Codes are available in BN - Benefits Coverage Code Job Aid.
J. Retro Ded Effective Date = The retroactive effective date of enrollment change.
K. Deduction Amount = The old deduction amount based on previous enrollment.
L. New Deduction Amount = The new deduction amount based on current enrollment.
M. Deduction Amount Override = The deduction amount setup as override.
N. Retro Deduction Amount = The net results of the old deduction, new deduction, and override deduction amounts.
O. Ded Class = Deduction Class values are B for Before Tax, A for After Tax, N for Nontaxable, and T for Taxable.