CALSNet - New CALS Administration Employees Computing Checklist
Please use this checklist for new CALS Administration employees to ensure that they receive IT services from Administrative Computing Services (ACS).
A checklist for onboarding new ACS customers
The supervisor/office manager should complete these new employee services forms to the best of their ability indicating what computing access the employee will need for their position. Please complete the services form as soon as you have the employee hired (prior to start date is preferred!) to allow adequate time for account creations and computer setup/configuration. Additional time may be needed if new equipment or new software must be purchased. Note that this form does not necessarily require a user signature so can be submitted anytime after completion.
- Complete the New Employee: Request New Services form at: http://apps.cals.wisc.edu/acs_services/
- If you prefer to complete and submit a printed copy you can complete the CALSNet Authorization form found at:
- Contact ACS with any special computing needs for the new employee through our Hardware/Software Installation Service Request form at: http://www.cals.wisc.edu/acs/Support/RequestService/index.php
- Complete Campus System Authorization forms as needed. You can find a listing of authorization forms and description of campus IT systems at: https://kb.wisc.edu/itaccess/page.php?id=27215 Approval processing times will vary depending upon the Campus IT system requested but allow 5-7 days.
- Assist new employee with netid activation. Netid activation instructions can be generated by Charlene Krembs using the new employee's Emplid. This is useful so that new employees can activate & use their netid and other core services prior to day one. Alternatively, the employee can activate their netid using their campus id or photo id once they receive their photo id card. Campus employees should obtain a photo id when they arrive on campus.
- Schedule a new employee CALS IT training session. Contact Charlene Krembs to arrange for training.
- Once ACS receives the CALSNet authorization form, an ACS desktop support technician will contact you regarding computer needs.
- ACS will create necessary accounts and set permissions.
- ACS will create a new customer packet and deliver to the supervisor or designee. This packet will contact employee account information and other useful resources.
- ACS technician(s) will setup and configure computing hardware/software.
- Provide new employee computer training as needed.