BN - WED - Income Continuation Insurance Missing Enrollment Report
This WED report identifies Faculty, Academic Staff, and Limited employees who have an active enrollment into Early Income Continuation Insurance but missing their Regular Income Continuation Insurance enrollment.
Academic staff, and Limited employees who are covered by the WRS can
elect to enroll in Early Income Continuation Insurance (ICI). When they have
12 months of WRS state service, they need to be enrolled in the Regular ICI plan. There are times when Benefit
Administrators may forget to cancel the Early coverage and enroll the employee into the Regular coverage - in these cases employees are missing their Regular coverage and may be charged inappropriate premiums. This WED report
identifies employees who need their Early coverage waived and enrolled into Regular ICI coverage when the employee has reach 12 months of WRS state service.
- Error listing employees who have active enrollment for Early ICI but missing their enrollment for Regular ICI plan.
- The ADM Event created when the employee has reach 12 months of WRS state service to waive Early ICI and enroll into the Regular ICI plan
- Waive row on the Disability Base Benefits records for Early Income Continuation Insurance
- Elect row on the Disability Base Benefits records for Regular Income Continuation Insurance
- Benefit Retro or Payline Adjustment if the employee was overcharged premiums
- The employee will fall off the error query the following business day
- The WED is available for credentialed users ONLY and will be based
on current security roles. Queries will be viewable only if a
credentialed user has the security access to fix them.
Retro should be triggered by any reprocessed Events in On Demand Event
Maintenance. Benefit Administrators must monitor and adjust retro if
appropriate the day following when the changes are made to enrollment
- A premium adjustment may be needed if the employee was overcharged
premiums. If Benefits Retro is not triggered appropriately to return
overcharged premiums, a Payline Adjustment will be needed. If you are
unable to enter Payline Adjustments, please open a ticket to the UW
Service Center to have the Payline entered on your behalf.
1. Log into HRS. The Workflow Exception Dashboard queries will appear to the right of the main menu. Error queries appear based on your current security and whether there is an error to fix.
2. Click on the hyperlink for the UW_BN_ICI_MISSING_ENROLLMENT query.
3. A current list of employees who are missing Regular ICI (Plan Type 3Z) within the next 6 months.
3. Click the 'Check to Claim' check box next to the employee you wish to work with and your name will appear in the Claimed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
4. Click Link to DISABILITY_BENEFIT hyperlink for the employee you wish to work on.
5. You will be redirected to the employee's Disability Base Benefit page. The Early ICI plan will be displayed first. Click on the View All hyperlink to see all disability Plan Types. Note the Coverage Begin Date for the Early ICI plan coverage, the App Received By date, and the Benefit Plan the employee is enrolled in.
6. To avoid inadvertently wiping out any existing enrollments, navigate to Benefits > Enroll in Benefits > Health Benefits and note all Benefit Plans, Coverage Effective Dates, and App Received By dates noted on the screen. If you have dual screen capability - it is highly recommended that you keep the Base Benefit pages for each Plan Type (Health, Life & AD/D, Disability, Savings Plans, Spending Accounts, and Retirement Plans) open in separate tabs from the On Demand screen so you can refer to those pages as needed should you need to reprocess Events. Note all Benefit Plans, coverage levels, Coverage Begin Dates, and App Received By dates for each Benefit Plan the employee has been enrolled in from the date of this Event forward to the present.
7. Add an ADM Event to the BAS Activity Table if an Event does not exist for the Coverage Begin Date of the Regular ICI plan. (Reference: BN - Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table )
8. Open a new window by clicking on the New Window hyperlink in the upper right corner of your screen
9. Navigate to the employee's On Demand Event Maintenance screen: Benefits > Manage Automated Enrollments > Events > On Demand Event Maintenance. Enter the employee's Empl_ID and click the Search button or the Enter key on your keyboard. The employee's On Demand screen will be displayed.
10. Click the Schedule/Prepare
button to move the Event from Pending to Active status. (Note: Please
make sure all events prior to your ADM event date have been processed to
Finalized Enrolled or Finalized Prepared None.)
11. Click the OK button to acknowledge that the process has completed successfully.
12. Election Entry button to enter the waive on Early ICI and enrolled into Regular ICI coverage.
Scroll to the Income Continuation Insurance section. Change the
current election for Early ICI coverage to "WAV" for waive. Verify that
the Regular Income Continuation Insurance coverage level matches what
the employee had under the Early ICI Coverage and re-enter the
Enrollment Code of Add Coverage, the Enrollment Reason of "New Hire" and
the "App Received By" date equal to the date you noted from the screen.
14. Scroll to the bottom of your screen and click the OK button
15. You will be redirected back to the employee's main On Demand screen. Click the Validate/Finalize button.
16. When the Process Completed Successfully pop up box appears, click the OK button to continue.
Navigate back to the employee's Base Benefit Pages: Benefits >
Enroll in Benefits > Disability Benefits > enter the employee's
Empl_ID and Search. Verify that the Early coverage now shows as waived
and the Regular coverage elected as of the Effective Date of the ADM
18. Navigate back to the main HRS screen by clicking the "Home" hyperlink at the top right corner of the screen.
Click the "Completed" checkbox to indicate that you have fixed the
error. Your name will appear in the Completed By section with the date
and time noted.
IMPORTANT: Any Events from the Event Date forward will now be
considered processed out of order. If an ADM Event already exists for
the effective date of the Regular Coverage, you will need to ReOpen the
Event. If any later dated Events exist, you will need to Reprocess
those other Events using On Demand to bring all employee records to the
present. For more information on how to reprocess existing Events:
reference BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance .
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
- OHRWD Website: Disability and Income Replacement Insurance
- Income Continuation Insurance: Annual Base Benefit Rate Rules
Related Job Aids
- RR - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard
- UWSC Support - Personalize HRS Home Page Content and Layout
- BN - Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table
- BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - Annual Benefits Base Rate (ABBR)
- BN - Review Disability Benefit Enrollments
- BN - WED - Income Continuation Insurance Co-Elect Enrollment Report
- BN - Retro Benefits Review Process