Moodle - Communicating News to Students
Sending emails to entire courses.
1. To send a mass email to your students, you will need to post a new topic to the News forum. This can be done under the "Home" block on the home page and selecting My courses, then the "Course name" (what course you want an email sent to).
2. At the top of the page, select the News forum button.
3. You can create a new message by clicking the Add a new topic button above the summary of past posts.
4. From there you will be able to enter the subject and write the message that students will receive via email.
5. You also have the option to attach a document up to 200 MB in size. This can be done by clicking Add after the Attachment field.
6. By default, the News forum waits 30 minutes before it sends the email to class participants. This gives you time to go back and edit the message before the final version is sent. If you want to send the message immediately, check the Mail now box at the bottom of the fields.
7. Finally, click the Post to forum button at the bottom of the page. Your message will be automatically sent via email to all students in the class.