[ay15-16] Moodle- Managing Groups/Groupings
Managing groups in Moodle 2.8, 3.0
- Separate Groups: Each group member can only see their own group, others are invisible
- Visible Groups: Each group member works in their own group, but can also see other groups
A Grouping is a group of groups and can be used to edit behavior or restrict access on activities for different groups throughout the course. To edit groupings:
1. Select the Groups link under "Users" in the course administration block.
2. Select the Groupings section at the top of the module
3. To add a grouping, click the "Create grouping" button and specify how you want to name and describe the group.
4. Once the grouping is created, you can add groups to the grouping by selecting the icon that looks like a couple people on the right side. From here you can add/remove groups. When you're done, you can click the
5. The gear on the right side lets you edit the name/description of the grouping and the X next to it lets you delete it.