Moodle- Other Activities: Glossary
2.0, 2.1, 3.1
Adding a glossary activity
1. First, turn editing on by clicking the Turn editing on button at the top right corner of your course homepage.
2. In the desired week/topic, click the Add an activity or resource link and select Glossary.
3. Give the activity a name in the “Name” field and type the glossary’s introduction in the “Description” field. Both are required fields.
4. Use the “Entries per page” field to specify how many glossary entries should be displayed on each page of the glossary.
5. If you wish to link words in your course to their glossary entries (if they exist), set the “Automatically link glossary entries” option to “Yes”.
6. Use the “Grade” settings to enable grading in the glossary and specify how grades are calculated.
7. Modify any other settings as desired. There is a question mark next to most settings to tell you what they affect. When finished, click the “Save and return to course” button at the bottom of the page.
Adding an entry to a glossary
1. From your course homepage, click the link to the desired Glossary activity. Next, click the Add a new entry button.
2. Type the term that the entry will define in the “Concept” field. Use the “Definition” HTML editor window to create a definition for the term.
3. Type synonyms for the term in the “Keywords” field one line at a time. These synonyms will also be autolinked if the autolinking feature is enabled. Click the Add button to add an attachment.
4. Check the “This entry should be automatically linked” box to enable autolinking for this entry. Use the “This entry is case sensitive” and “Match whole words only” settings to specify when a word is autolinked. When finished, click the “Save changes” button.