PY - Earnings Code Descriptions
This document lists the Earnings Codes for University Staff (Classified) employees, Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited (FA/AS/LI) employees, and Student Hourly employees. Earnings Codes are three-character codes that specify various types of earnings. This document provides a brief description of each code as well as whether the code is used through Time & Labor/Absence Management, entered into Additional Pay, or used by the UW Service Center only. If you require further explanation, please contact the UW Service Center.
- Earnings Codes are divided based upon employee type
Frequently Asked Questions About Additional Pay Earnings Code Usage:
- How are overload payments handled?
- Earnings code UOL is used for overload payments for Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited employees who have an overall FTE greater than 1.
- Earnings code LWR is used for honorarium/lump sum payments for Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited employees who have an overall FTE less than 1.
- This earnings code would be applied to an employee like a guest speaker on campus or an ad-hoc program specialist.
- The No IC means No Income Code, which applies to the majority of employees.
Most employees fall under the No Income Code (No IC) category, unless they are international fellow/scholar (IC 16), teacher/researcher (IC 19), or study/training (IC 20).
Earnings Code Listings by Employee Type:
University Staff Employee Earnings Codes:
Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited (FA/AS/LI) Employee Earnings Codes:
Student Hourly Earnings Codes:
To the top