Moodle- Grading an Online Quiz
This article explains the process of getting results from a quiz and the options of analyzing these results.
Grading an Online Quiz
1. To see your students’ submitted quiz answers, click the desired quiz on the course homepage.
2. Next, click the Results button under the quiz name in the Navigation block to see each student’s score on every question (excluding essay questions).
3. Clicking on an individual score will allow you to open the user's answers.
4. You can make a comment on a student’s score or override the automatically-assigned grade by clicking the Make a comment or override mark button under each answer.
5. Essay questions will show up with a dash in the grade slot (i.e. –/4), instead of a value. To grade essay questions, click on Manual Grading under the Results tab in the Navigation box. From there you can click grade all for each essay question.
Quiz Data Analysis
1. First, click the link to the desired quiz from your course homepage.
2. Next, click the Statistics link under the “Results” tab in the specific quiz in the Navigation block.
3. The top of the page has a drop down menu. Select First attempt or All attempts to calculate statistics from.
4. Quiz information contains information about mean score, standard deviation, etc. This information is based on what you chose for "Calculate statistics from...".
5. You can download the full report by choosing what type of file you wish in the drop down menu and pressing the Download full report as button.
6. Quiz structure analysis can also be used to look at quiz analysis. In this tabular format, you can see each individual question's statistics.
7. The “% Correct Facility” column is a measure of the questions difficulty and gives a percentage of students that either got full or partial credit for their answer.
9. Finally, the “Discrimination Index” is a measure of the question’s effectiveness and how well the question discriminates between proficient and non-proficient learners. The Item Analysis Table help page provides a thorough explanation of the calculation of these parameters.
10. To download the table, select the format you wish to download in by using the drop down menu. Click the Download table data as... button.