TAM - Posting the Intent to File a Labor Certification
This document will review the process to post the intent to file a labor certification in TAM when a foreign national has been hired and an institution is now working through the green card process (permanent residency).
1. Clone the original Job Opening, follow the process, TAM - Clone a Job Opening.
2. On the Job Details link, be sure to add the Funding information, as this is required to save the Job Opening.
3. Click on the Job Postings link.
4. Change the posting title to "Notice to File Labor Certification - Title of Position (i.e. Assistant Professor)".
5. Add a Posting Description to the cloned Job Opening of the following:
- Visible field: Internal and External
- Description Type: ATTENTION
- Description ID: PERM NOTICE. The Description will pull in to display the required language at the top of the original posting.
6. Remove all Job Posting Destinations except for the Business Unit’s Website (External) and UW Portal (Internal).
7. Post for the required time frame.
8. In the Relative Open Date, choose Approve Dt.
9. Click OK.
10. Save and Submit.
11. The Job Opening will need to go through the normal Job Opening Approval process to get posted to the Business Unit’s Website and UW Portal.
12. Close the Job Opening after posting the notice for a minimum 10 business days. Navigate to Main Menu>Recruiting>Find Job Openings.
13. Use the search criteria to narrow your search for this job opening. And click Search.
14. Once the Find Job Openings search page appear, check the box next to this job opening.
15. From the Select Action drop-down, choose Close.
16. Click the Go button.
Only the Primary Recruiter for the Job Opening being closed is able to change the status from the Search Results page. If a message is received stating you are not authorized to change the Job Opening Status without being the Primary Recruiter, then the change must be made from within the Job Opening Details page.
1. Search for and select the Job Opening.
2. Go to the Job Details page.
3. In the Status Code field, select the 110 Filled/Closed status.
4. Click the Save icon.
Notes to consider: