[ay 15-16] Moodle- Using the Messaging System
Using Messaging in Moodle
Accessing the Messaging System
system can be accessed through the Navigation box and then expanding the "My
profile" option and selecting Messages.
Send Message to Entire Class
1. The easiest way to send the entire class a message is to first go to the Navigation box, select My Courses, and then select Participants under the course title of interest. A list of all the participants in the course will show up.
2. At the top of the next page in the middle there is a drop down menu under Current Role. You can select who you want to message whether it be students, non-editing instructor, etc.
3. After selecting the role of the participants to message, click the Select All button at the bottom of the page. Then choose Send a Message from the "With selected users..." drop down menu.
Send Message to One Participant
1. Access the Messaging System according to the directions above.
2. On the left of the page there is a drop down menu where you can select a contact list to search a participant from. Select a list.
3. Once a list is selected you may browse the list of names and click on the one you wish to message, or you can click the Search button at the bottom of the list.
4. If you wish to search a name, type the contact's name in the search bar and once it comes up, click the grey + button to add that person to a message.
5. You may then type your message and click Send Message.