What does a student need to do if the student believes s/he has been discriminated against in the awarding of a grade?

The following section concerns appealing a grade due to alleged discrimination.

The Office of Equity and Diversity (OED) has been charged with the responsibility of investigating allegations of discrimination.  Federal law prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability/handicap.  State law prohibits discrimination on the basis of all those factors covered by federal law, as well as ancestry, creed, age, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, and parental status.  More detailed information can be found at Discrimination Against Students

A student who alleges that discrimination was a factor in the assigning of the disputed grade should be directed to contact the Office For Equity and Diversity (OED), 179-A Bascom Hall (608/263-2378).  The student should make prompt contact since these complaints must be filed within 300 days of the alleged incident.

See Also:

Keywords:grade dispute, changing grade, discrimination, Office for Equity and Diversity   Doc ID:21700
Owner:Tori R.Group:College of Letters & Science
Created:2011-12-12 19:09 CDTUpdated:2015-12-07 11:36 CDT
Sites:College of Letters & Science
Feedback:  0   0