HR - Vacant Position Report
This procedure will guide through the steps of obtaining the Vacant Position Report.
Report DescriptionThis report is used to view a list of vacant positions.
Business NeedThis report is required to determine which positions are potential candidates for inactivation.
To Run the Report
- Log into HRS
UW HR Reports > Vacant Position Report OR Organization Development > Position Management > Position Reports > Vacant Position Report>
- As Of date
- Job Code
NavigationUW HR Reports > Vacant Position Report OROrganization Development > Position Management > Position Reports > Vacant Position Report
Roles that can access reportUW HR Reports
UW HR Reports > Vacant Position Report OR Organization Development > Position Management > Position Reports > Vacant Position Report
- Enter a value for the Run Control ID on the Find an Existing Value tab and click the Search button. Select the Run Control ID that you wish to use to run this report.
A Run Control ID is the name assigned to parameters for a report. The Run Control ID saves report parameter settings used for running the report and can be re-used the next time the report is run.
- DO NOT use spaces in run control names.
If you do not have a Run Control ID, you can create a new one. Click on the Add a New Value tab. Enter a new Run Control ID and click the Add button.
Once the Run Control ID is selected or created, enter the Report Request Parameters.
- As of Date field: This is the date that the report will count back from by the number of months designated. By default this value is set to today's date.
Department field: Enter a Department ID or click the icon. Leave blank for all departments.
- Job Code field: Enter in the desired number of months an employee has to be inactive for before the report will flag them. This field is zero by default.
Employee Classification field: Enter an Employee Classification or click the icon. Leave blank to include all employee classifications.
If the working title has been filled in for the position this report will pull in the working title instead of the job code description.
- This report sorts by department number, then by job code.
Related Job Aids: