Where can I find information on campus safety?
The safety of employees working in UW buildings and traveling between locations on campus at night is an important issue that affects many departments and programs. The University offers a wide range of services aimed at reducing crime risk, and the UW Police Department website (http://uwpd.wisc.edu/) provides links to information about:
This document offers guidance for employees regarding campus safety.
- Campus safety reports
- Updates on pandemic flu monitoring, crimestoppers, and news alerts about campus safety
- Personal Safety tips and resources
- Emergency Preparedness Plans (continuity of operations planning, inclement/severe weather information, responding to campus violence, peer intervention, and training for faculty and staff)
- WiscAlerts (a campus-wide emergency notification system that allows participants to receive messages by e-mail, text message, or voicemail, or telephone call)
- Safety resources (including information about SAFEwalk and SAFEride, Chimera self-defense courses, etc.)