UWSC Support - UW Employee Tax Statement Help from the UW Service Center

The UW Service Center generates tax documentation for all UW Employees. Current UW employees can find tax statements within their institution's web portal. Employees can also obtain older tax statements by request.

General Description

Information within this document will assist current and former UW employees with acquiring their past and current tax statements. 

Please see the bottom of this KB for the yearly update email that the UW Service Center Payroll Team sends out to all UW employees. The information there will include important information from the UW Service Center Payroll Team about the upcoming tax season. 


Please contact your campus help desk if you have any problems accessing the my.Wisconsin.edu portal

Former employees - Please see the UW portal access guidelines section in this document to figure if you still have access to your institution's portal as each institution may have different guidelines for retaining portal access for former employees. 

Update your Address

You should update your address in order to ensure that you will receive your tax statements at the correct mailing address. Please visit https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/help/personal-information.php to update your contact information. 

Duplicate Tax Statement requests

You can request your past years' tax statements by completing the Duplicate Tax Statement Form.

Find your Tax Statements in the my.Wisconsin.edu portal

Current and some former UW employees would be able find current and past W2 statements within the my.Wisconsin.edu portal. Follow the steps below to find your past tax statements. 

  1. Log in to https://my.wisconsin.edu and select your institution/campus from the Where are you from (WAYFselection page.

  2. Enter your username and password. 

    (If you have problems accessing your institution's portal, please contact that UW institution's IT Help Desk. UW Service Center Support Staff cannot reset your password for your institution's portal)

  3. Go to the Payroll Information section in the portal and click the Tax Statements tab. You will find your past tax statements here.

    tax statemet

2016 Tax Season update for UW Employees from the UW Service Center Payroll Team

Review/Update Your Address Information by January 15, 2016

Please review your current home and/or mailing address in the My UW Portal and make any needed changes by January 15, 2016 to ensure your preferred address is used for W-2 Form distribution.

  • In late January, 2016, your W-2 Tax Form will be sent via U.S. mail to your mailing address.

  • If you do not have a mailing address, your W-2 will be mailed to your home address.

  • If neither address is in the portal, your W-2 will be mailed to your office location.

  • Please note that in addition to the hard copy W-2 Form distribution, an electronic copy of the form will also be available in the My UW Portal in the ‘Payroll Information’ module under the ‘Tax Statements’ tab.

Reviewing/Updating Address Information

To review your current address information, log in to the My UW Portal .

  • Your current home address will be displayed in the ‘Personal Information’ module on the ‘Home’ page, or on the ‘Work Record’ tab in the classic view.

  • If this is not your preferred address for W-2 Form distribution, you may update your home and/or mailing address by clicking on the ‘Update my Personal Information’ link in the ‘Personal Information’ module.

  • For additional instructions on how to update your address information: https://uwservice.wisc.edu/help/personal-information.php

  • If you have questions regarding updating your address information, please contact your Payroll/Staff Benefits coordinator.

Self-Identify Information

While in the ‘Personal Information’ module in the portal, you are also encouraged to use the available links to self-identify your veteran, disability status or ethnicity. Self-identifying is optional. This information is used only for federal reporting purposes and will not be shared in any other way.

New IRS Form Required for UW Employees Filing 2016 Taxes

Beginning in 2016, the University of Wisconsin (UW) must file Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1095-C to report and document that full-time UW employees were offered health insurance coverage during the previous calendar year (2015).

The UW will also provide all UW employees who were full-time for all or some months of 2015 with a copy of their Form 1095-C. UW employees will need the Form 1095-C they receive from the UW as part of their documentation requirement when filing their 2015 taxes.

  • Form 1095-C will be mailed to UW employees by February 1, 2016 at the same address as the W-2 Forms.

  • The UW has contracted the mailing distribution of the 1095-C forms to a third-party vendor, Businessolver. Please be aware that the return address on the envelope you receive may reflect this.

  • An electronic copy of the form will also be available in the My UW System portal under the ‘Tax Statements’ tab.

This new IRS tax form requirement is due to the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Form 1095-C will assist UW employees and the IRS in establishing that ACA obligations under the Individual Mandate to maintain minimum essential coverage have been met. Failure to satisfy these obligations can result in a tax penalty.

Additional Information about the New Tax Form (1095-C) and the ACA Requirements

UW employees will receive an email in January with additional information about the new tax form and the ACA requirements. In the meantime, if you have questions please see our ACA informational page, available here .

See Also:

Keywords:w2, w-2, tax, ytd, federal, state, support, troubleshooting, taxes, support, tax document, tax documents, aca, affordable care act, aca tax statement, statements, portal access, portal, duplicate,   Doc ID:21953
Owner:Tim M.Group:Human Resource System (HRS)
Created:2011-12-27 12:03 CDTUpdated:2016-06-24 09:41 CDT
Sites:Human Resource System (HRS)
Feedback:  2   0