KB User's Guide - Topics - The Batch Topic Assignment Tool
This feature allows users to apply or remove individual topics from a set documents, without affecting any other current topic assignments. You may search for a set of documents based on keywords in various fields in the document. Additionally, the effected docs are all listed after running the tool in a way hat it allows you to continue adding or removing topics withing that list. The Search/ Display filters allow you to narrow your search effectively.
- Begin by opening the Topics tab and clicking on the Batch Topic Assignment link found on the left navigation bar.
- The Batch Topic Assignment screen will appear. To refine your search, use any/all filters below.
- Comma delimited doc ids - A document ID number or query string may be entered here. If a document ID is entered all other filters are ignored and that document is opened for review. If a query string is entered results from a keyword search will be returned for all documents whose title or keywords contain the query string entered. Case is ignored. All other filters will be used in a query string search. Click the Go button on the far right hand side to execute the search.
- Search Term - Enter keywords here. Results from a keyword search will be returned for all documents whose title or keywords contain the query string entered. Case is ignored.
- FTS - (Full Text Search ). This field defaults to No, or you may choose Yes from the dropdown menu.
- Topic - Lists documents in the specified topic. Options to select All topics or No topics assignment are available in the drop down in addition to all topics set up in that KB group (must have drop down check box selected in Topics tab). The example below shows the topics in the KB User's Guide KB. The All topics selection is defaulted at the top of the list and the No topic assignment selection is defaulted at the bottom of the list.
- Audience - This field defaults to All Audiences. If you have enabled Audience types or have created custom Audience types, they will appear in this dropdown list.
- Status - Use this drop down to limit results to documents of a specific Status. This field defaults to Active/In Review/In Progress. Choices are: Active, In Review, In Progress, Active/In Review, Active/In Progress, Inactive and Trash.
- Group - Use this drop down to limit results to documents of a specific Group. Choices are: My group, Other groups, All groups. Select Other groups to see all documents being shared in to your group.
- Owner - Use this drop down to limit results to documents of a specific KB author or author/admin. Names are listed last name/ first name. By default All owners will be selected.
- Relevance - This setting defaults to All Relevance. View documents by relevance such as My/sharing groups, My Campus, My University System and Universal.
- CampusAccess - This setting defaults to All campus access options. Use this drop down filter to limit results to documents of specific a Site Access restriction(s) based on the presence/absence of a valid campus login. Choices are: Defer to SiteAccess, Ext/internal with campus login, Internal for all campus users. .