PY - Submit an Off-Cycle Missed Payroll Request - Monthly
This user procedure provides step by step instructions for filling out and submitting an off-cycle missed payroll request through a web form on the UW Service Center web site for FA/AS/LI (Unclassified) monthly staff. After the request has been submitted, it will either be approved or denied by one of the campus/division approvers. To gain access to request or approve a Missed Payroll, your HR Director needs to send an Email to the appropriate AG Group requesting the access. The ticket should then be sent to the Service Center payroll team who will work with the web team to set up new people.
- Processing Time
Off-Cycle Payrolls for missed paychecks will be processed in HRS by the Service Center with checks payable on Wednesday of each week. Requests must be received at the Service Center Support Center (SCSC) by NOON Tuesday for process that week. Employees will be paid via ACH direct deposit or paper check, as appropriate. Money will be available from direct deposit on the Friday of that week. Paper checks will be mailed directly to the employee's address in HRS as defined per KBPY - Managing Payroll Options .
- Approving in a Timely Manner: Approvers will receive an auto-generated email weekly for all unapproved missed payroll requests that are more than 7 days old. On day 22 the request will be rejected. Both the requester and approver will get notification emails on this. If a check is still needed a new request will have to be submitted.
- Eligibility Criteria
There are certain criteria that must be met in order for an employee to be eligible to receive an off-cycle pay check. If the eligibility criteria is not met as defined below, the missed payroll request will be rejected.
For “Regular Hours/Gross” only, the employee must have a minimum of:
- Student Help (SH) ~ 5 Hours or more
- Monthly Hourly Staff ~ 8 Hours or more
- Monthly ~ 10% of “Regular” Gross
- Over Time or Add-Ons
- Additional Pay, which is not part of their “Regular” gross
- Termination Pay (TAL, TFH, TVA)
- Overload (UOL)
- Retro Pay (URP)
- Missed pay older than 1 pay period
- Summer Service/Summer Session - If the date needed is older than listed pick the oldest month and put the actual date in the notes section.
- Any other exceptions that require supervisor approval
- If job data was changed it will create retro pay. In most cases this does not meet the criteria for off-cycle processing but if it does, this must be monitored by the campus and turned off to prevent a duplicate on-cycle payment.
Below are step by step directions for submitting an off-cycle pay check request for monthly employees.
1. Use your web browser to navigate to the Off-Cycle Missed Payroll Request page.2. First fill out the Employee Information section. Enter the information for the employee for which the request is being made, please enter the correct Empl ID and Empl Rcd#. Select Get Details.3. The following screen will appear defining the Position Number, Dept ID, and Pay Group. Select or enter in the following fields:
Pay Period: Select the Pay Run ID for the missed pay period the request is for.
Earnings Code: Select the Earnings Code under which the employee should be paid. Lists of the possible earnings codes can be found here: EarningsCodesKBList1-27-17-academicstaff.pdf; EarningsCodesKBList1-27-17-universitystaff.pdf
Gross Missed: Enter the gross amount they should be paid for the selected Pay Run ID and Earnings Code. The amount should be in the form of 0.00
Check(s) Received for Pay Period: Will default in after selecting Pay Period for Missed Payroll Request. This shows the requester if the employee has already received any pay checks for the same time period. Please review before proceeding! This will prevent multiple or duplicate requests for the employee.
Total Gross Missed: This field cannot be edited. It automatically adds up the values from the Gross Missed fields.
Add Another Monthly Request Button: Press this button to add more fields for another monthly request. This will allow you to enter requests for multiple Pay Run IDs and/or multiple Earnings Codes
on a single form.
4. The last section to be filled out is the Explanation/Justification section. Both the comments text box and the Root Cause drop down menu are required fields. It's important to enter detailed and clear information in the comments section describing the circumstances and justification for this off cycle request. It will play a large role in determining whether the request gets approved or not.
5. Verify that all the information you have entered is correct, then click the Submit button..
6. You will be notified if your request has been successfully submitted. Both you and the individual assigned to approve the request will receive an email notifying them of the submission. The email contains the name of the requester, a list of the approvers that received the email, and a link to the Missed Payroll Status Page.