Moodle- Downloading Multiple Files for Grading
The following KB article outlines the process for downloading multiple files that were submitting in and assignment activity in Moodle.
Steps to Download All Files from an Assignment Activity
1. Go to the course homepage and open up the assignment activity that you want to download the files from. In the "Administration" block on the next page will be a link titled " Download all submissions" as shown below. Click this link.
2. After clicking the link, the files should download automatically as a zip file onto your computer and you can choose open or save the file.
3. The zip file will have the following name convension:
<Course title >-<Name of assignment>-<ID number>.zip.
4. The indivual files within the zip file will have the following naming convension:
<student's name>_<document title>_<ID number>_<document type>.
5. The instructor can then go in and open the files to grade them.
By downloading all at once, the instructor saves time on removing the submissions from Moodle. By using the name of each file to link back to the gradebook in Moodle, the instructor can keep the grading page up and enter grades as they sort through all the submissions.