Moodle- Manual Enrollment and Role Assignment
This article explains how to manually enroll students and how to assign roles to your users
1. In the Settings block, go to Users.
2. Click Enrollment Methods. Make sure that Manual enrollment is available on your course. If not, add the method from the dropdown menu below the table.
3. Once this is available, go to Enrolled Users, which is also under Users.
4. Click Enroll Users in the upper right hand corner.
5. In the pop-up menu, at the top, choose what role you wish your new user to have upon enrollment. Search for the person you wish to enroll in the field at the bottom. If you can not find the person by searching by name, search by Net ID. Click Enroll (or "Add + Enroll") by their name, then click Finish Enrolling Users at the bottom.
6. To unenroll someone, click the black "X" in the Enrollment Methods column.
Roles can be changed after enrollment
-Under Settings: Users: Enrolled Users, everyone enrolled in the course is listed with their respective Roles
Note: Someone can be enrolled without having an assigned role, or may have multiple roles
-The white "+" opens a window containing roles you may assign to the respective User. A User may have multiple roles.
-The black "X" by each role will remove that role. Roles assigned by roster association cannot be removed.
-The roles are hierarchal from highest to lowest in the order from highest to lowest: Administrator, Manager, Instructor, Non-editing-Instructor, and Student
You may assign to Users Roles of equal or lesser rank
You may assign yourself Roles of lesser rank
You may remove others' Roles of equal or lesser rank
You can remove your own Roles, which is not reversible if you remove the highest one, so be careful
If this does happen, you must contact someone who has a higher Role and ask them to restore yours
-After adding or removing any Role, refresh the webpage to update the options