D2L - Viewing the Grades List (UW-Madison)
This document contains information about viewing options for instructors working with the D2L grades list. The Grades List view allows instructors another view for grading, and additional grading options, (grading from the enter grades tab is also available) but also allows instructors to edit the information and restrictions for specific grade items.
- While logged into a D2L course as an instructor, click on Grades in the navigation bar.
- Click on the Manage Grades tab to display the grades list.
- Click on the name of the grade category or item in the grey row to edit its properties.
- In the Properties tab, you can adjust the name, category, grading points and how the grade is displayed to students.
- In the Restrictions tab, you can hide a grade item or make it visible for a particular date range. You can also add release conditions to restrict access to that grade item to certain groups of students.
- When finished, click Save and Close.
- Alternately, you may click on the arrow next to the grade item in manage grades to Edit the Grade Item, Enter grades for that individual item or to View Statistics for the class or individual user.