HR - Department Chair Jobs
Employees can be appointed to many different types of jobs throughout a career. This document will detail the steps how a person is entered in HRS with a Department Chair job (Z97NN).
NOTE: This document applies to all campuses EXCEPT UW-MADISON. UW Madison should refer to documentation intended for their campus.
- It is only appropriate to create this zero dollar job for an employee with an existing faculty job.
Identify/Create the Position.
- Organizational Development> Position Management> Maintain Positions/Budgets> Add/Update Position Information
Position should use job code: Z97NN
- Pay Basis = No Pay Basis
Continuity will vary based on your campus' rules for Department Chairs.
- Using Multiple Jobs Summary or in EPM, EPM Reports > UW Person NS Lookup, determine if a terminated record can be reused. If so, Process Rehire.
- If you cannot process a rehire from an inactive / terminated Empl Record, you will need to use Add New Employment Instance.
- This secondary job hired is a concurrent job.
Compensation for faculty serving as a Department Chair must be added to the Employee's regular base on the 'Primary Job' for the duration of the job. Action = Pay Rate Change; Reason = Temporary Change in Duties, or paid during the summer on a Summer Service position. Department Chair positions are ALWAYS set up as zero dollar, and cannot be used to pay a faculty member.
- At the conclusion of the Department Chair job, remember to remove the pay rate change on the 'Primary Job': Action = Pay Rate Change; Reason = Temporary Adjustment End.