ShareURL - How to view a shared calendar in Windows Live Calendar and Windows Phone 7/8
This document describes how to view a WiscCal/Office 365 shared Calendar in Windows Live Calendar.
Note: To get this data to appear on your Windows Phone 7/8 device, you must complete the steps below and log into the same Windows Live account on your phone.
- Start Windows Live Calendar.
- On the top menu, click on Subscribe.
- Select Subscribe to a public calendar.
- Enter the desired ShareURL, e.g.:
You are free to choose the date range of your choice, however you must include the "?ical" at the end (so the iCalendar formatted data is the result).
- Give the calendar any name, color, and charm desired.
- Click on the Subscribe to calendar button.
- You will see a "Calendar subscription was successful". Click on Done to return to your calendar.
It may take some time between when you store your calendar ShareURL in Windows Live Calendar and when events actually show up in Windows Live Calendar. If you are syncing a Windows Phone 7 mobile device with your Windows Live Calendar, it may take up to 24 hours for your calendar to appear on your device. It appears that Windows Live Calendar fetches the ShareURL calendar approximately once or twice per day. The WiscCal/Office 365 team has no control over this, nor are there any settings in Windows Live Calendar to change the frequency.
You won't be able to create new events in the WiscCal/Office 365 account associated with the share via this mechanism.