UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
Course components such as News, Quizzes, and Grades can be imported from your previous course. This will allow you to reuse D2L components to make a similar or exact same course.
1. In your course, click on Course Admin in the navigation bar, and then select Edit Course from the drop-down menu. 2. Under Site Resources, click on .
3. Select Import Components, and click Choose File.
4. Search for the .zip course export file and click Open to select it. Click to continue.
5. You will see a blue loading bar while the new files is imported. If the file has successfully been imported, you will see:
6. Leave the default Import Optionsas-is. Under Select Components to Import, either check the box next to Select All Components, or choose individual components/files to import. Click Continue.
7. The next screen will ask you to confirm what components are to be imported. If everything looks good, press Continue.
8. A spinning circle appears to the left of components which are being processed. When the component has been processed, a green checkmark appears. When all components are checked, select the "Finish" button to continue.
9. You will receive a notification that the course import has been successful. Click Done to exit.