HR - Using the Interactive Reporting Query Library
The HRS system contains a variety of reports, some of which were delivered with PeopleSoft and others which were developed by the HRS Project Team. The Query Library, which sits outside of HRS, contains pre-written and tested queries that were specified by teams of end-user professionals to support HR and payroll processes. This document will explain how to get access to the Query Library and how to run queries using the Query Library.
Get Authorized to use HR/Payroll Queries in the Query Library
- To access Human Resource and Payroll queries you’ll need to request the EPM role, IR-EPM All NS Query Library, for non-sensitive data in the Identify and Access Management System at https://oim.iam.wisconsin.edu/xlWebApp/.
- To access Human Resource and Payroll queries you’ll need to request the EPM role, IR EPM HR Snstve Query Library, for sensitive data in the Identify and Access Management System at https://oim.iam.wisconsin.edu/xlWebApp/.
- MADISON USERS: Use the Query Library Group Authorization Application (https://www.doit.wisc.edu/infoaccess/info_request/home.asp) to request access to IR Workspace folders under "Madison."
Logging Into the Query Library
HRS Easy Access to Reports & Tools (HEART)
How To Navigate the Query Library and Run Queries
- Click on to go to the folders and queries.
- In the directory tree click on the title of the folder you want.
- Read query titles and descriptions.
- Choose a query and click on its title to open the query.
- Select your criteria, repeat until all desired criteria are selected.
- Click in the box of the selection criteria, one at a time.
- Enter your selection criteria or click on show values and select the value(s) you want for the criteria. To select multiple values, hold down the CTRL key and wait for the screen to refresh before making another selection.
- Click the Process button.
- When the query completes click on the report you want from the list of reports in the left pane.
- Using the navigation bar
- Use the page up and page down arrows to move from page to page.
- Do NOT use this ’Save file locally’ icon
- To export to PDF use the icon.
- To export to Excel use the XLS icon.
- Click on in the upper right-hand corner of screen to close out of a document.
- Click on the ‘Help’ icon to access Help documents.
- Log off by clicking log off button on upper right-hand side of screen.
- Close your browser window to complete the log off process.