TAM - Hiring an Internal Applicant from Manage Hires into a new Concurrent Position
Once an applicant has been prepared for hire within TAM, the applicant gets pushed to the Manage Hires page within HR (Workforce Administration>Personal Information>Manage Hires). At this point, a HR Administrator completes the hire. This document reviews the process for hiring an internal applicant (current UW employee) into a concurrent position.
1. Navigate to HRS Main Menu>Workforce Administration>Personal Information>Manage Hires.
2. Narrow the search criteria by selecting Source from the *Select Transactions Where:.
3. Click Recruiting Solutions from the *Equals list.
4. Click on the applicant's name for the applicant who you'd like to hire into HRS.
5. The Manage Hire Details page appears. If necessary, update or change the Desired Start Date field to reflect the employee's actual start date/effective date.
6. The Employee Record section defaults in the next available Empl Record #. Leave this field as is, if this is truly creating a concurrent position for that applicant.
7. Click the Add Job button. Since the applicant is
already a UW employee, their Person data is already in HRS. If you'd
like to view/edit the employee's Person data, click the View/Edit Person
link or after the hire is complete. You may want to review the person
contact information to add a new business address location. The business
location is usually the location for the primary job. You could go to Workforce Administration>Personal Information>Modify a Person.
Note: To update an employee’s person data such disability, veteran, ethnicity etc., click on the View/Edit Person link (see Maintain Employee Data). Once the person data is updated, click the Return to Manage Hires link.
8. The Work Location tab of Job Data now appear follow the normal (concurrent) hiring process steps.
During the hiring steps, you will notice some of the information is already pre-filled, review this information and enter additional information, as necessary. Complete all the required tabs on Job Data and Save. For additional resources on how to Hire an Employee into a Concurrent Job, see the Related Jobaids and screen shots below.
- After the hire is completed and saved in HR, TAM will close the Job Opening and automatically changes the dispositions of those candidates that were not hired to "rejected".
- For the Posting of Intent to File a Labor Certification, the configured reject reasons will NOT satisfy the US Department of Labor list of why other candidates were not selected for the job. Please continue to recreate an acceptable list during the green card process. Please reference KB# 21580 to reference the TAM steps for this process.
Below are sample screen shots of TAM to HR 'Job Data' tabs. The yellow highlighted fields indicate the information that will feed in from TAM, based upon what was completed by the Applicant during their initial application process or information completed (i.e. Position) during the initial Job Opening process. The highlighted fields should be validated, confirmed and edited, if necessary.
The red outlined boxes are fields that need to be entered.
- HRS HR - Search for Existing Employee in EPM
- HRS HR - Search for Matching Persons in HRS
- HRS Training - Adding Concurrent Job
- HRS HR - Maintain Workforce - Add a Concurrent Position/Job
- HRS Training - Managing Concurrent Positions and Jobs
- HRS Training - Faculty Hire
- HRS Training - Hire Unclassified Fixed Terminal (Academic Staff) & Student Assistants (SA)
- HRS Training - Unclassified- Academic Fixed Renewable
- HRS Training - Unclassified - Academic Staff - Hourly
- HR - Change Position Data
- HR - Contract Administration HRS
- HR - Profile Management
- HR - Tenure Tracking
- HR - Entering Expected Job End Date / Change the Expected Job End Date
- HR - Encumbrance Definitions - Job Aid
TAM to HR - Internal Applicant - Concurrent - SIMULATION