TAM - Update a Candidate's Application (Add or Delete/Replace Attachments, i.e. Resume, Cover Letter, etc.)
Once a candidate has applied they will not be able to make changes after they have submitted
an application for a specific job. If they want to change their resume or other attachments after they have submitted, they will have to contact the person indicated in the job posting and the UW person will have to upload it for the applicant.
An applicant's data can be edited using the Manage Applicant, Applicant Data pages. This document will describe the steps to updating a Candidate's application attachments, such as Resume, Cover Letter, etc.
|RECRUITER / TA COORDINATOR/ HIRING MANAGER/ TA AFFIRMATIVE ACTION||RECRUITER|
- Click on the applicant's name in the Applicant Name column.
Use the Manage Applicant page to view and modify applicant information and to perform various applicant-related actions. Initially, this page displays the Applicant Activity view.
2. Click on the Applicant Data link.
The first section in the Applicant Data view shows Applications and Resumes. The Applications grid lists applications that were entered into the system. Applications appear here for all the jobs an applicant has applied to. However, you will only see those applications which you are associated.
3. Under the Application's section, click the View Application for the Job Opening they have applied for.
4. Once on the Applications Details page, scroll down the page to the Job Opening section to ensure that you are editing the Applicant's information for the correct job opening.
5. Scroll back up to the Resume section.
6. To delete an attached Resume, Click on the Delete Attachment button next to the Resume.
7. To attach a new Resume, Click on the Add Resume Attachment link. (This link appears after the original Resume attachment is deleted.)
8. After attaching a Resume, update the Resume Title field with the new file name, or other appropriate title. (This title, but not the actual attachment, is visible to the applicant in Candidate Gateway.) If replacing a Resume is all you wish to do, then proceed to step #12 below to complete.
9. If the existing Resume was text, update or modify as needed.
10. To delete an attachment, such as Cover Letter or Transcript, find the document to delete in the Attachments section.
- Select the document to delete by clicking in the checkbox.
- Click the Delete Attachment link.
- Proceed with adding Attachments for this applicant. See Step #11.
11. To add an attachment, such as Cover Letter or Transcript, click the (+) Add Attachment link.
- Attachment must be saved to a drive before being able to attach it to the application.
- Browse for the attachment to be added to the application, click the Browse button and select the attachment.
- Click on the Upload button.
- Add the Attachment Type Code, click the magnifying glass.
- Select the appropriate Attachment Type from the options.
12. Once you are completed with updating the applicant's application for the job opening, scroll down the page and click the Save & Submit button.