TN3270 (Mac) - Mainframe FKeys (Function Keys) Not Working
This document explains how to get the Function Keys working in 3270 on a Macintosh.
Mainframe function keys not working on my Macintosh. Getting a message stating that hot keys can be used within the OS to work more efficiently.
Emulate these keystrokes and functions by using the 'fkeys' menu in TN3270.
To allow 3270 function keys to work, disable the hot keys in the MacOS keyboard control panel.
- Open the Apple menu and select Control Panel and Keyboard.
- Click on the Funtion Key button which will open the Hot Function Keys window.
- Make sure the Enable Hot Function Keys and Use F1 through F15 as Hot Function Keys options are NOT enabled, or "checked."
- Click OK.
- Open the Apple menu and select System Preferences and Keyboard.
- Click on the Full Keyboard Access tab.
- Uncheck the box for Turn on full keyboard access.
- Click the red button in the top left corner to close the window.